Monday, January 17, 2005

1/17/05 A Very Good Day, Back from Boston

I left last night for my appointment due to the impending snow that did not arrive and had my visit with my Doc today. My counts looked very promising prompting my Doc to ask "are you sure these are your counts." He has taken me off a couple of the meds I was on and is looking to remove the port (Hickman) from my chest this Friday if we can get it scheduled. He also has allowed me to start using a toothbrush instead of a Toothette (disposable oral swab). The swab is used because your mouth carries a lot of bacteria and when your counts are low can posses a problem. You do not know how the little things in life like using a toothbrush are so taken for granted or eating an egg salad sandwich; something that is not canned, frozen or microwaveable. I also do not have to go back to Boston until this Friday; that is 4 nights in a row in my own house, with my family, in my own bed with my own bathroom, with a refrigerator with food I can eat, not having to wear latex gloves and a mask. Of course the masks are still good for armed robbery.

My real thoughts today are of some strong progress in the healing process that hopefully will only continue.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother just told me about your blog, what a great idea! I'm glad to hear that you are able to spend some time at home with the family. Spending that time at home, in comfortable surroundings, can only help the recovery process. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Adam Kaufman

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home