Tuesday, January 25, 2005

1/25/05 Strong Like Bull but Sad

Today is a very sad day for me. Due to my transplant I was told to remove all of the plants in my home or put them all in one place. I decided to place them all in my sun room that does not have any heat but I keep a heater in the room to keep the plants alive during the cold months. I also usually only keep a limited number of plants there due to the weather extremes. In one of my posts a couple of days ago I mentioned a blackout in my neighborhood which only lasted a couple of hours but unfortunately when the power goes down this heater does not turn back on. This morning when I looked at all these plants it reminded me of the landscape in Iraq, everything looks like death & destruction. I then realized that the heater must of turned off and I turned it back on. My Mom the Plant Lady will be up this weekend to see what she can salvage but what ever survives will be bald for a long time, just like a chemo therapy patient. If it takes another ten years than I will just have to wait. I plan on sticking around a good long time. I am feeling strong like bull.

2 Comments:

Blogger João Mãos de Tesoura said...

I read it, I like it! Good blog! Keep with the good work! I hope I'll read this blog for more 50 years! :)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wise and brilliant and so far beyond your years. You are cute and cudly and make me oh so happy. I love you, I want you and most of all I need you. I also miss you and would like to see you if possible! what's the deal?

All my love,

Doggie

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home